Deviled Eggs

Deviled Eggs.JPG

Greek Easter is gone, Mother’s Day is gone, and well I think I can safely say now that summer is on its way. Although in Athens yesterday we had a hail storm and a crazy strong rain, I think summer is showing the first signs here.

Do you like this alternation of seasons or are you a lover of a steady weather throughout the year? I love living in a country with a temperate environment where cold succeeds warm and vice versa. Somehow keeps my interest up and offers a variation that never bores me.

I love to long for the warmer days by the sea, when winter is up and strong; and during summer that is getting quite hot here, I am looking forward to those cold winter days when the fireplace is on and the rain outside flows from the tiles of the roof.

Deviled Eggs.JPG

I also love the intermediate seasons, fall and spring, when nature prepares for winter and summer respectively and the weather starts changing slowly but steadily. Unfortunately, because of the environmental pollution, weather has changed and I see those changes happen every day to all four seasons. I wonder what will happen in the following decades and how our children will cope with the changes they will face regarding the physical environment they will live in.

So, as long as there are still seasons and as long as we can enjoy the different facades of nature, let’s cherish them as much as we can.

Deviled Eggs.JPG

Just like in all Christian dogmas, we, too, dye eggs mostly red. On Easter Sunday each person picks an egg and clinks it with the others. Whoever’s egg survives this test is the winner. Lots of fun and lots of eggs guys I am telling you. I had to do something with all these eggs and I thought that it would be the best opportunity to make deviled eggs. I saw many recipes on the net and I also liked the idea of Paula Dean to add sweet pickle relish. So, I went ahead and made them combining little bit form here and there. We ate those couple of hours before lunch as a snack with pita bread and they were simply delicious. Also, I hate to admit but I ate the leftovers just before lunch as an appetizer and I still couldn’t get enough. Especially for my Greek friends, this is an excellent way to revamp leftover Easter eggs and not throw them in the garbage.

Deviled Eggs.JPG

Deviled Eggs

6 hardboiled eggs

9 tbsp mayonnaise (I used light 3%)

2 tbsp mustard

2 tsp sweet pickle relish

1 tsp balsamic vinegar

½ tsp paprika

7 drops of liquid stevia (you can replace with 1 tsp caster sugar)

Salt and pepper

Some paprika for garnishing

Deviled Eggs.JPG

Cut the eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks.

Put it in the fridge for half an hour.

Garnish with pinches of paprika.

Deviled Eggs.JPG

4.9 from 10 reviews

Deviled Eggs

Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Appetizer

• 6 hardboiled eggs
  • 9 tbsp mayonnaise (I used light 3%)
  • 2 tbsp mustard
  • 2 tsp sweet pickle relish
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • ½ tsp paprika
  • 7 drops of liquid stevia (you can replace with 1 tsp caster sugar)
  • Salt and pepper
  • Some paprika for garnishing

1. Cut the eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks.
  2. In a blender put the yolks along with all the rest of the ingredients and mix until you take a smooth paste.
  3. Put it in the fridge for half an hour.
  4. Take it out of the fridge and fill an icing bag with the yolk paste and start filling the holes on the eggs with it.
  5. Garnish with pinches of paprika.

4.9 from 10 reviews

Αυγά Γεμιστά (Deviled Eggs)

Επειδή σε όλους έχουν περισσέψει κόκκινα αυγά αυτή είναι μια πολύ γευστική λύση για να μην πάνε χαμένα!
Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Ορεκτικό

• 6 αυγά σφικτά
  • 9 κ.σ. μαγιονέζα (χρησιμοποίησα light 3%)
  • 2 κ.σ. μουστάρδα
  • 2 κ.γ. sweet pickle relish (για όσους έχουν πρόσβαση στο Θανόπουλο, μπορούν να το βρουν εκεί, αλλιώς αντικαταστήστε με 1-2 αγγουράκια τουρσί ψιλοκομμένα)
  • 1 κ.γ. ξύδι βαλσάμικο
  • ½ κ.γ. πάπρικα
  • 7 σταγόνες υγρή stevia (μπορείτε να αντικαταστήσετε με 1 κ.γ. ζάχαρη άχνη)
  • Αλάτι και πιπέρι
  • Πάπρικα για το γαρνίρισμα

1. Κόψτε τα αυγά κατά μήκος και αφαιρέστε τους κρόκους.
  2. Σε ένα μπλέντερ βάλτε τους κρόκους μαζί με όλα τα υπόλοιπα υλικά και ανακατέψτε έως ότου πάρετε μια λεία πάστα.
  3. Βάλτε το στο ψυγείο για μισή ώρα.
  4. Βγάλτε από το ψυγείο, γεμίστε ένα κορνέ με την πάστα και αρχίστε να γεμίζετε τα κενά στα οποία ήταν ο κρόκος.
  5. Γαρνίρετε με λίγη πάπρικα.

47 Responses to Deviled Eggs

1. Gorgeous presentation and I love this individual serving spoon! I saw similar products at a kitchen store, but I wasn’t sure how to use it. =P Your deviled eggs look delicious!

3. What a beautiful presentation! And I am sure the deviled eggs are very tasty too.

5. I prefer cold weather, summers are extremely hot in our part of the world. These deviled eggs look so delicious, beautifully presented!

7. What a tasty and beautifully presented starter. I’ve heard about deviled eggs before but have never tried making them. I probably should based on these beauties!

9. You just can’t fail with deviled eggs, I love em’ Great job!!

11. Amy Tong says:

I love to live in a place where the seasons are clearly distinguished. Which means Spring feels like Spring, warm and blooming, Summer is super hot and sunny, Autumn with the leaves falling with cooler air, and chilling winter that requires a down jacket. haha…am I asking for too much? I might be. We don’t really get Spring here in CA and it already feels like Summer back in April. Winter was never cold enough to wear a down jacket. Anyway, I’m enjoying the nice sunny weather here. Can’t complain much.

These Deviled Eggs are perfectly done, so gorgeous. I bet they taste just as wonderful too. :)

13. Nadji says:

Une jolie assiette. J’aime beaucoup.
    A bientôt

15. Pepi says:

Φανταστικά!!! Και πολύ ωραία παρουσίαση!!

Deviled eggs are one of those standbys that I love.

And I must admit that I love the change of seasons!

19. margarita says:

I love deviled eggs but I have never made them myself.I like how your making sure not to waste the eggs by turning them into these delicious bites. Great presentation too!

21. grace says:

in my family, my grandma is the deviled egg queen–she brings them to every family function! no one among us can make them as delicious as she can, and her recipe is very similar to this–the paprika is key!

23. Similar to what I make except for adding a sweetener or the vinegar. I’ll have to give yours a try. I agree with you about the seasons…we used to live in Florida where the weather was pretty much the same. Now that I live in New England where we have four seasons, I’m much happier. I look forward to each season and all that it brings.

I definitely don’t think I could be happy without seasons. You know I’ve actually never had deviled eggs? These look so delicious!

27. Marion says:

Πολύ ωραία Κατερίνα μου.
    Τα σκεφτόμουν κι εγώ να τα κάνω, αλλά δεν έμειναν πολλά αυγά.

Δεν χρειάζεται να τα κανω μόνο με τα πασχαλινά αυγά..θα βράσω άλλα :)

Φιλιά

29. mjskit says:

The balsamic vinegar is a new one on me for deviled eggs. It actually sounds pretty darn good. These eggs are gorgeous and I would love to just pick one up right off the spoon and eat it! Lovely presentation!

31. yummers! and i love the styling with stylish cutlery’s :)

33. Simple and lovely presented appetizer!

35. Debra says:

Classic recipe, Katarina. Looks so good. Back in the day, mom would always make deviled eggs out of our Easter basket bounty! :) (Love the addition of balsamic to yours.)

37. rebecca says:

lovely presentation I beat Athens is roasting in the Summer

Your deviled eggs look scrumptious! And what a lovely presentation. As much as I prefer warmer weather, I do love the change of seasons. The long cold winters always make spring and summer more enjoyable.

I love your serving spoon set! So cute. Both my husband and I love deviled eggs. I’ve never tried them with pickle relish – I’ll bet it’s delicious!

43. Deviled eggs are my most favorite party food and they looked especially appetizing in this post with your gorgeous photography! :)

45. Iglika says:

Katerina, they look so delicious! Greetings!

47. rosita says:

Se ve muy tentador muy sabroso,abrazos y abrazos.

49. Swati Sapna says:

katerina the devilled eggs look absolutely delicious. Love the addition of relish to it… Am definitely going to try this version soon!

51. Sissi says:

Katerina, I have nothing against changing seasons but I hate when, like this year, my favourite season (spring) doesn’t exist! I could eat eggs practically for every meal, I love eggs with mayonnaise of course and your deviled eggs already make me hungry, especially in your beautiful presentation!

53. Lovely clicks. I felt like popping in these deliciously deviled eggs in my mouth. Yum!

55. Gourmantine says:

I love changing seasons, but weather has become so extreme lately and as I’m writing this I’m sitting wrapped in two sweaters and a heater pointed towards me in mid May, that’s just unbelievable.
    p.s. beautiful presentation of the eggs!

57. Julie says:

I love deviled eggs but my husband doesn’t like them. :) Great presentation, too!

59. LinsFood says:

Great party dish, VERY EFFECTIVE!

I love deviled eggs, and yours look delicious, creamy and a touch of sweetness.
    Have a great week Katerina :)

63. Elly Yustina says:

Wow, I wanna try it. Seems delicious Katerina.

65. Mari Beika says:

Κατερίνα μου πολύ χρήσιμη συνταγή κι εγώ που λατρεύω τα αυγά θα την δοκιμάσω σίγουρα!
    Πολλά φιλιά!!

67. Ola says:

OMG, I missed Athens so much when I read this text…:)
    Blog about life and travelling
    Blog about cooking

69. divya says:

OMG ! Its tempting me badly…

71. CCU says:

Your eggs definitely look very delicious :)

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

73. Μεζεδάκι φίνο, κλασικό και πολύ διαχρονικό!
    Ότι πρέπει για να εκμεταλλευτούμε αυγουλάκια που μας έμειναν από το Πάσχα!
    Φιλιά πολλά!

76. bergamot says:

The presentation looks really good. I am not a fan of boiled eggs but this looks really appetising. Maybe if I had one of these, it will change my opinion.

78. Claire says:

I love the changing seasons. I really do. Fall is my favorite. I will have to try your deviled egg recipe this summer!

80. Jagoda says:

Loving the presentation here! They look fantastic :) One of my favorites:)

82. Didi says:

Katerina mou, I am loving the addition of balsamic vinegar!! What an awesome recipe!

Sharing my friend! ♥

84. Louanne says:

Katerina, your presentation is so lovely! I love, love, love deviled eggs, so I’m always looking for a new recipe – yours look delicious! Can’t wait to try it.

86. I think we still have Spring over here. Hard to say in Berlin, weather changes quite often. Your devil eggs sound tempting.

88. Kanak Hagjer says:

Your deviled eggs look so delightfully tempting!!

90. Helen Grigoriadou says:

Υπέροχα, Κατερίνα μου, νοστιμότατα και με εξαιρετική παρουσίαση!
    Μπράβο!
    Φιλάκια

92. Lila says:

Κατερίνα μου δεν έχω λόγια!!!!!!!!!!! Κι επειδή από αυγά να φάνε και οι κότες που τα γεννάνε…….θα δοκιμαστούν σύντομα!!!!!!