Herbed Salmon Over Couscous

Herbed Salmon.JPG

Being a citizen of the world apart from the several disadvantages- we all saw how quickly the swine flu was spread throughout the world, or the nuclear accident in Japan that affected all of us, after that tremendous earthquake- it has many advantages as well. For example we get to know about different people and different customs and yes, finally, we have many celebrations as well.

So, after leaving behind us the festivities of the Chinese New Year we are headed towards Valentine’s Day. Although, as I have mentioned before, I consider things to be overpriced that particular day, I see no reason why I cannot celebrate at home with a nice meal and a good wine.

Herbed Salmon.JPG

So, just to be on the spirit of the day I will give you this recipe for Herbed Salmon which has several advantages, making it appropriate for this day. First, is very easy, using just one pan and quick, so you don’t have to spend endless time in the kitchen and then being a total wreck and not be able to enjoy your dinner. Second, it is a very light meal, so you manage to keep your shape intact and enjoy a rich sweet afterwards without guilt. Third and most important, it is so delicious I promise you will lick your fingers after you finish your portion, just like I did lol.

This was truly a beautiful meal and we really enjoyed it very much even though it was not Valentine’s Day.

Herbed Salmon.JPG

Herbed Salmon over Couscous

2 pieces of salmon 400 gr. Each

2 scallions, chopped

2 celery roots, chopped

1 batch of parsley, chopped

1 tomato, sliced

½ green bell pepper, sliced

2 tsp Szechuan mix

2 tsp onion salt

2 tsp salt

2 tsp garlic powder

2 tsp Herbes de Provence

1 tsp green and red pepper

1 cup of sweet red wine

Parchment paper

Herbed Salmon.JPG

Take two pieces of parchment paper big enough to wrap each salmon fillet separately.

Put the parchment paper in a baking pan with tall sides. We do this so as when we pour the wine, it won’t be spilled.

Divide all herbs and spices in two. Use them to spice and cover the two salmon fillets. Pour ½ cup of the sweet red wine to each fillet.

Wrap each fillet like a small package and place them in a preheated oven at 200° C. My fillets took about 25 minutes because they were thick, but a general rule of thumb is 6 minutes per 2,5 cm/1 inch of thickness.

I served them over a bed of couscous but you can feel free to serve them with anything you believe is appropriate.

Herbed Salmon.JPG

I am sending this to Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen.

52 Responses to Herbed Salmon Over Couscous

1. The Smartphones like knights and dragons hack Android, iOS, android creates a great choice for you.

3. If you desire to improve your experience simply keep visiting this web site and be updated with the most recent news update posted here.

5. Hi there, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this blog post.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!

7. I do believe all the concepts you have introduced on your post.
    They’re really convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very brief for starters.
    May just you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

9. Your style is very unique compared to other folks I have read stuff from.
    Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark this page.

11. Kirsten says:

Gorgeous salmon, Katerina! One of my favorite dishes, but my husband only cares for salmon smoked or in sushi. This would make a delightful dinner and lunch for me, though.

13. Faith says:

Hi Katerina, I just got back from vacation and am catching up on my blog reading! This salmon dish looks fantastic and I agree that it would be perfect to serve on Valentine’s Day!

15. Βασίλης says:

what’s on next, icicles?

Katerina, what a beautiful meal…and perfect for Valentine’s Day…I never wrapped fishin parchment paper…great technique.
    The pictures as awesome as well.
    Hope you have a great week ahead :)

19. This salmon dish looks so good! I like that method of steaming fish and aromatics in parchment paper. Great idea.

21. I have to agree with you on that everything just shots up in terms of price when it comes to Valentine. We are the same, we normally do Valentine at home or either few days earlier or later.

This is a wonderful recipe for Valentine and I have to agree with you on the simple preparing yet bursting with flavors. Just we don’t do much on couscous so maybe I can replace it with something else yet still for the salmon.

23. gloria says:

Look delicious I love salmon!!

25. Emma says:

I love adding Herbes de Provence to scrambled eggs, but have not used it much in other cooking endeavors. Will have to add some in the next time I make salmon !

28. Zoe says:

This is a beautiful Spring dish. Yum!

30. Simply Life says:

what a healthy and beautiful dish!

Your salmon looks delicious. The presentation is gorgeous!

34. For sure it’s a great winner for me, for my WeightWatchers diet! Love the way you made the salmon, Katerina! Superb, moist, colorful, and beatufiul presentation:DDD

36. Miz Helen says:

Hi Katerina,
    What a lovely presentation for your Herbed Salmon. This is a wonderful recipe that I can’t wait to try. Hope you are having a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

38. Sandi says:

You make one of my fav foods (salmon) look even more inviting! Herbs de provence adds just the right touch, I think. Make it a great day 😉

40. mona says:

Salivez! minunata aceasta reteta!!!!

42. Patty says:

What a lovely new way to make salmon!! Will be looking forward to making this soon!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

44. Julie M. says:

What a beautiful and elegant dish katerina! We don’t go out very often for Valentines day either. it’s expensive and usually the food is only so-so. This looks like the complete opposite of that though. Yum!

46. Tante Kiki says:

Κατερίνα μου, κάτι έχω για σένα …έλα να δεις!!!

48. Corina says:

I love salmon and baking it in a parcel in the oven like this is so easy as well as being really healthy. If my husband liked salmon more I’d definitely consider making it for Valentine’s day. As it is, I’ll probably be doing some sort of red meat!

50. Reeni says:

I thought Valentine’s day was an American thing – I had no clue other countries celebrated! This is gorgeous! I love your presentation and the seasonings sound amazing.

52. Claudia says:

Salmon does love herbs and you’ve got an outstanding mixture there. Saving this for our weekly salmon dinner.

54. Jeannie says:

Mmmm…yummy looking salmon, I don’t cook fish often because I have no idea how to cook them besides frying or steaming them….this is a good and healthy way to cook fish:)

56. This is a beautiful salmon dish. I love how colorful it is! I’ve pinned this on Pinterest for the salmon I have in the freezer. Have a good weekend!

58. Asmita says:

Salmon is as it is such a tasty fish and to add all those wonderful herbs to it, must make it even better. The fish looks awesome!!!

I totally agree! Why waste money out when you can totally make a better meal at home? This sounds fabulous!

62. Ola says:

It looks not only delicious but also very elegant!

64. Cucina49 says:

Wow, that is really gorgeous–I am intrigued by the mixture of the Herbes de Provence and the Szechuan mix!

66. Kristen says:

Katerina, that dish looks so pretty and healthy!! I am sure it was delicious, too. I just love salmon.

68. Raina says:

This makes such a beautiful presentation and looks delicious. I would much rather be at home eating this on Valentine’s Day, rather than in an expensive and crowded restaurant

70. sally says:

Such a pretty plate of food! I love how you plated this dish.

72. Mari says:

Δεν χρειάζεται πιστεύω να είναι η μέρα του Βαλεντίνου για να απολαύσουμε αυτό το νόστιμο πιάτο.Εγώ πάντως επειδή δεν γιορτάζω εκείνη τη μέρα θα το απολαύσω λίαν συντόμως.
    Φιλιά πολλά

74. Ann says:

I think that is one of the prettiest dishes I’ve seen all night! It’s simply stunning!

76. Marina says:

It’s an elegant plate for Valentine’s day. We usually stay at home and enjoy family time. I make some holiday food and we just have fun, eat, and love… It is coming very soon, isn’t it?

Both beautiful and delicious…yes, perfect for Valentine’s Day!

80. This is amazing, Katerina! What a very healthy and delicious way of serving salmon!

82. Tante Kiki says:

Υπέροχο από όλες τις απόψεις!!!! Μιαμμμμμμμ!

We love salmon here and this looks like a delicious preparation, Katerina! Often, I’ll made a special meal at home for my hubby on Valentine’s Day also. The wine is much less expensive at home too :)

86. Καταπληκτική παρουσίαση Κατερίνα μου! Υλικά και χρώματα πανέμορφα συνδυασμένα!! Φιλιά πολλά!

89. Sometimes the best way to celebrate holidays is right in your own home. No tangling with the traffic and trying to find a place to park! Also, those special days always mean a jump in the regular prices of meals at a lot of restaurants.
    This is an excellent way to prepare salmon! The herbs, veggies and couscous looks to be a winner in my book. Staying home and eating this beats a restaurant hands down. Well done.

91. ΕΛΕΝΗ says:

Κατερίνα μου μπράβο, καταπληκτικό και υγιεινό!Συνδύασες τέλεια τις γεύσεις όπως πάντα!Θαυμάσιες φωτογραφίες!Φιλιά πολλά!!!

93. Rita says:

I just pinned your recipe and added to my new Pinterest; still learning here.
    Hope you can see this and are ok with it.
    You’re a star; I am sure everyone will be pinning this one.
    Rita

95. Rita says:

Fourth Thing; we love salmon.
    Like you I have always celebrated Valetine’s meal at our house. when the boys were home; I make them a fun meal. My husband and I had a dinner for 2 in the Dining Room.
    Now I make us a special meal for 2 every night. I find since I started blogging I am more excited about making something nice; always the next post on my brain.
    This recipe is being printed right now.
    Love you new Blog; your man is worth celebrating.
    Rita

97. Looks like a most delicious way to celebrate Valentine’s Day, Katerina. Looks like a delicious way to just celebrate any day.

99. Prathima Rao says:

Wow..What a hearty dish!!And fabulous clicks Katerina!!

101. Kiri W. says:

Oh, that herb and pepper crust looks fantastic! Both my wife and I love salmon and would devour this dish gladly.